"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Thursday, January 30, 2014

2014 A to Z Challenge

Registration for the 2014 "A to Z" blogging challenge is now open. 

Created by Arlee Bird, at Tossing it Out, the A to Z Challenge is posting every day in April -except Sundays. That give you 26 days, and 26 letters of the alphabet. On April 1 blog about something that begins with the letter “A,” April 2 is “B,” April 3 is “C,” and so on. You can use a theme for the month or go random – as long as it matches the letter of the alphabet for the day. 

Short posts are recommended. Be sure to turn off Word Verification, and visit five blogs a day (or more) beginning with the one after yours on the list. Be sure to grab the badge and display it in your sidebar so readers know you are participating. Don't forget to link to the A to Z Challenge Blog. 

Last year, approximately 2,000 blogs began to challenge. There are already about 400 signed up for this year. 

To learn more about blog challenges or the benefits of participating in one, try this article.

Have you participated in this event? Do you plan to this year?

6 comments:

Nicole said...

All signed up and looking forward to it!

Mary Horner said...

I loved reading all the blogs last year, not sure if I'm up to it myself!

Steven said...

I had so much fun with it last year I decided to sign up both of my blogs this time! I already have a good portion of my posts planned, which is good considering I'm pulling double duty. I recommend this to anyone who is looking to step out of their comfort zone and have some challenging fun with their blog.

Rebeccah Giltrow said...

I did it last year and really enjoyed it. And I'm looking forward to doing it again this year. I've given myself a bit more time to plan my blog posts this time though!

Jack said...

I always have fun reading these posts. I can't wait to read yours!

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball said...

done it twice. Always ready for May to arrive! It's a challenge, but a a good one.