"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Friday, January 9, 2015

Sarcasm, Snark & Sass Blogfest

Today is the "Sarcasm, Snark & Sass" blogfest. Hosted by LG Keltner, who is celebrating three years of blogging, today is the celebration of some of our favorite witty (or downright mean) statements.

Want to join in the fun? Check out her page and sign up on the Linky list here.

One of my favorite authors, Jane  Austen, is well known for all three of these qualities. Her books are full of sarcastic, witty, and sassy comments.

Below are just a few of my favorites.



 
 
 
What are some of your favorites?

9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

And you shouldn't put up with anything but the best treatment!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Love those quotes - especially the first one. My mother-in-law quotes that one often. :)

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Have to love Jane Austen -- you have to or she hits you with a verbal scalpel!

I have a Victorian ghoul in our modern day, Alice Wentworth, that I try to channel Jane Austen through. Hard.

I wrote a whole novel, END OF DAYS, through her eyes. Whew! Challenging but fun.

This is a fun bloghop, isn't it?

L.G. Keltner said...

Jane Austen is one of the best! I've always loved the first quote, and number three is both hilarious and a good solid piece of advice. Thanks for taking part in my blogfest!

Sarah Foster said...

Love the quotes, especially the first one. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Don't seem to see many of these on this side of the pond - they are wonderful.

Rebecca M. Douglass said...

Love those! Jane is great...I am still amazed that when I first read her as a teen, I missed most if not all of the humor!

Julia Thorley said...

I'm smirking as I type.

CA Heaven said...

In view of the recent acts of terror in Paris, my favorite is Charles Hebdo

Cold As Heaven