"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Monday, July 31, 2017

Wrapping Up Summer

Last week I taught a series of writing workshops to a group of third through twelfth graders. Some of them truly amazed me with their grasp and love for storytelling. They also inspired me to write several new pieces. I'm excited to see where those current inspirations lead me.

The kids were really excited to see each other again after missing their friends for most of the summer. Classes at the local school officially resume on August 16th, but many of them are already returning to the campus for summer football, band, and other various activities.

I'll be enjoying the last two weeks of summer with my girls. We still have school shopping, annual check-ups, and a few other necessities to attend to in the next two weeks. I'm sure we'll also be enjoying several more summer reads - I introduced them to the Harry Potter series for the first time in June which turned out to be appropriate timing as it's the 20th anniversary.

While I'm not ready to send my girls back to school yet (is that normal?), I am ready to resume a schedule for my writing. I'll talk to you all again on Wednesday for the annual IWSG post!

How about you? How are you spending the last few weeks of summer?


2 comments:

Sara Codair said...

I'm also teaching a writing workshop for kids - grades 3 through 5, and it is at an outdoor education facility. I don't have children of my own, so the start of the school year means I have less time to write, since I will be tutoring at a community college in the day and teaching English comp at night.

Unknown said...

not inhibited like we are. Bet they had a blast.


หนังออนไลน์